I need help to start with Fiber Optics... !!!

Got a question about techniques, materials or other aspects of physically building a model? This is the place to ask.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

Marcal

I need help to start with Fiber Optics... !!!

Post by Marcal »

Hi everyone,

I would like to start lighting a model using Fiber Optics. Does anyone know some web page where it is explained in detail with pictures and so on???. I found several explanations over the net, but without pictures and I find it difficult to understand.

thanks you all,
Less Than Super Ostrich

Post by Less Than Super Ostrich »

Boy, I sure would like to learn too. However, any time anyone points me to a resource... the technical stuff overwhelms me. Resistors, Watts, and Flux Capicitors, Oh my!
On the sixth day, God created man... primarily out of Aves Apoxie Sculpt and other greeblies found around his hobby room.
en'til Zog

Post by en'til Zog »

Hello Marcal!

There are several 'build up' articles in the 'step by step' construction section that use fibre optics. Which need some sort of light source to light up one end, so light comes out the other.

I'm afraid you are going to have to use a few LEDs, which aren't that hard to figure out. Really. (Forget the Flux Capacitors - they use too many gigawatts - chew up batteries SO fast....)

There are a few articles on LEDs on this site, some more understandable than others. Check the main site under 'lighting' I think.

Good luck, and MODEL ON!
Marcal

Post by Marcal »

Hi,

thanks a lot !!!. To work with LED is not difficult, I have done it before. I knew that fiber optics needs some light source but I did not know where to find examples. This web-site is so big that sometimes to find what you are looking for becomes very difficult. I will have a look at this step-by-step pages.

Thanks for light my way... :)