Need help with lighting an AMT Enterprise-E

Got a question about techniques, materials or other aspects of physically building a model? This is the place to ask.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

skyshark

Need help with lighting an AMT Enterprise-E

Post by skyshark »

I could benefit from modelers that are experienced in building & lighting this kit. I've researched various methods of lighting the two main sections of the model, and would like to hear from others that have had successful results. I plan on using EL for the warp/impulse/deflector, but any advice would be valued on how they wired the LEDs, how they lit it & what they might have done differently to get studio-like results.
M.T.C.

Post by M.T.C. »

In response to your question,I feel that fiber optic lighting would be your best approach to handling this problem,it is very inexpensive and optic lighting cable is availble on Ebay and at various model hobby stores.
en'til Zog

Post by en'til Zog »

Hello, Skyshark! Welcome to the forums.

Check the older threads in this forum for other 'lighting' articles. Like the one currently just 'above' this one - lighting the Reliant. And lots of others down the forum, into the past. Almost all questios have been answered there, with good suggestions and parts sources.
USSARCADIA

Post by USSARCADIA »

This guy had a lit "E" and a nice write up on it: http://www.spacemodelmania.com/models/c ... ock_01.htm
Did you eat your Chocolate Frosted Sugar Bombs this morning?