How can I paint really tiny stars?

Got a question about techniques, materials or other aspects of physically building a model? This is the place to ask.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

fritzthefox

How can I paint really tiny stars?

Post by fritzthefox »

I am painting a 1/25th scale Wonder Woman, and I need to paint her star-spangled fanny. Does anyone have any ideas for how I might paint stars that small?
Lt. Z0mBe

Re: How can I paint really tiny stars?

Post by Lt. Z0mBe »

fritzthefox wrote:I am painting a 1/25th scale Wonder Woman, and I need to paint her star-spangled fanny. Does anyone have any ideas for how I might paint stars that small?
I would recommend some 1/72 WWII armor decals. The American stars that go on the fenders of tanks and hoods of jeeps should be about right.

I hope this helps.

Kenny

www.sigmalabsinc.com

Onward, proud eagle, to thee the cloud must yield.
Rocketeer

Post by Rocketeer »

Lt. Z0mBe wrote:
fritzthefox wrote:I am painting a 1/25th scale Wonder Woman, and I need to paint her star-spangled fanny. Does anyone have any ideas for how I might paint stars that small?
I would recommend some 1/72 WWII armor decals. The American stars that go on the fenders of tanks and hoods of jeeps should be about right.

I hope this helps.

Kenny
That's what I did too; worked great.
Tommy8008

Post by Tommy8008 »

fritzthefox wrote:fanny.
Hahahaha.
naoto

Post by naoto »

Tommy8008 wrote:
fritzthefox wrote:fanny.
Hahahaha.
(just to clarify his reaction for stateside folk)
North American slang: a person's buttocks.
British slang: a woman's genitals.
Naoto Kimura
木村直人
fritzthefox

Post by fritzthefox »

Yikes! Well, technically, both would be accurate in this case, since the stars cover all of her shorts.

I learn all sorts of things in this forum.
dizzyfugu

Post by dizzyfugu »

Lt. Z0mBe wrote:

I hope this helps.

Kenny
Second that. There are aftermarket sheets available just with white US WWII stars for military vehicles - works like a charm on large scale figures.

The other option could be a self-made mask. I know that there are die-cut stencils around at stationary shops, with various shapes, which you could use on tape, but I am not certain about the available sizes - probably too large for your model.
DizzyFugu - Reporting from Germany
http://www.flickr.com/dizzyfugu