Replacement for Dremel Stylus

Got a question about techniques, materials or other aspects of physically building a model? This is the place to ask.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

Arronax
Location: Orlando FL (originally from England but I expect my accent gave me away, didn't it)

Replacement for Dremel Stylus

Post by Arronax »

My wife's Dremel Stylus 1100 packed up (bad battery that can't be replaced). Since Dremel no longer makes the Stylus and she (and I) really like the weight of this tool and the pistol grip, we're looking for a suitable replacement.

Reviews on the similar Genesis GLHT72-65 weren't good. Any feedback on that tool?

I'm also looking at the Dremel A577 pistol grip attachment but I'm not sure what the lightest Dremel is that will work with it.

Suggestions appreciated.
Jim

---------------------
Something, something, something, donkey balls
Go Flight

Post by Go Flight »

It would mean buying a regular Dremel, but you could always get the flexi shaft pencil grip. I have it and love it.

http://www.momsproductreviewsblog.com/w ... 00x300.jpg
Kylwell

Post by Kylwell »

Have you contacted Dremel about battery replacement? I've found their repair prices to be quite good.
Abolish Alliteration
Andrew Gorman

Post by Andrew Gorman »

Or just open it up, find out what the original battery specs were and find a generic replacement. They are easy to find- just check ebay.
Kylwell

Post by Kylwell »

Abolish Alliteration