Source for clear half-domes? Tiny clone troopers?

Got a question about techniques, materials or other aspects of physically building a model? This is the place to ask.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

sbaxter

Source for clear half-domes? Tiny clone troopers?

Post by sbaxter »

Anyone know of a source for this sort of thing — in a material that will take glue and paint? I want to modify a couple of Republic Gunships — one the Hasbro toy, and the other the little Revell kit. I need to make the the little ball guns that swing out from the interior to either side and have a clone trooper in each, and on the Revell, I need a slightly smaller set for the wing-mounted turret guns. I think the turrets for the Hasbro version would be roughly the size of a table tennis/ping pong ball.

Speaking of the Gunship, does anyone know of any source for clone trooper figures (or something easily modified into same) in 1/72nd scale AND 1/48? People say the Hasbro Gunship is about 1/24, but I'm not sure. Unfortunately, mine is buried in the shed right now and I can't go out and search for it, especially in this freakin' heat! But I think the toy is about 21 inches long, so based on the official length (FWIW) of 17.69 meters, it would be 1/48 scale. The 1/18 figures are way too large, but I could deal with 1/35 or 1/48. For the little Revell model, I need 1/72; the model comes with two seated clones for the cockpit and four standing clones — but in only two poses. I may get another kit for a second set of seated clones (for the bubble turrets), but I think cutting the standing clones apart to reposition the limbs is really only an option with one of the poses. And I don't think eight clones is enough, in this case.

While I'm dreaming, anyone know of speeder bikes in the appropriate scales?

Qapla'

SSB
Last edited by sbaxter on Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“The entire concept of pessimism crumbles the moment one human being puts aside thoughts of self and reaches out to another to minister to her suffering. The experience of either person can neither be denied nor adequately explained by a negative philosophy.”
-- Michael J. Nelson, Mike Nelson's Mind over Matters
SpaceRanger1

Post by SpaceRanger1 »

Try Plastruct for clear half domes.
Michael McMurtrey
IPMS-USA #1746
IPMS-Canada #1426
Carrollton, TX

"Yup, exactly what SpaceRanger1 is saying. 100%" — seashark