Resin Kit has missing sections need help fixing problem!!

Got a question about techniques, materials or other aspects of physically building a model? This is the place to ask.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

DarKev

Resin Kit has missing sections need help fixing problem!!

Post by DarKev »

Hello

I have a resin conversion kit that converts a Gundam MG Dom to a Rick Dom II. A couple of detail parts have sections missing that I can recreate with plastic sheet/stock. I know I can bond the parts together with "super glue" but I was wondering what I would use to putty and sand out the imperfections. Does a product like squadron white work in such situations (stick both to the resin part and the plastic stock)??

Any Help or Suggestions would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

Thanks

DarKev
Why would one buy a "NEW" Multi_Million Dollar Management Information System that can't do processes that the old system did correctly?? Answer - Someone in Upper Level Administration got a "GIFT" (Unknown Author)
Dwight D. Maxwell

Post by Dwight D. Maxwell »

Small stuff can be filled with the superglue and then sanded. I'm curious about the Squadron putty as well though!
Why is the vodka gone?
Why is the vodka always gone... oh, that's why!
Hide the vodka!
Stu Pidasso

Post by Stu Pidasso »

So me, trying to be tolerant of everybody's situations, went to a feminist picnic. Things fell apart fairly quickly after nobody made any sandwiches.
Dwight D. Maxwell

Post by Dwight D. Maxwell »

And if Aves is unobtainable? If you can not purchase items on line you are at the mercy of regional supply. What then?
Why is the vodka gone?
Why is the vodka always gone... oh, that's why!
Hide the vodka!
Kylwell

Post by Kylwell »

Then mail them for their catalog.

In a pinch, use Gorilla rubber impregnated CA. Available @ most hardware stores.
Abolish Alliteration