Introduction

Got a question about techniques, materials or other aspects of physically building a model? This is the place to ask.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

Robitron

Introduction

Post by Robitron »

Hi there. My name is Juan Carlos Ortiz Posada, I am a 49 Colombian male from Medellín (The most innovating city in the world) :)

I am a Technologic in Electronics. I LOVE Robotics, MANGA Drawing and Starships.

I am new on Starships Modeling, and I hope I can learn from you, and share all I make.

Thank you Very much
Ramsayman

Post by Ramsayman »

Welcome! I'm sure we can learn from you as well!
Robitron

Question

Post by Robitron »

Thank you very much, and now let me make a question...

when can I satar posting pohtos of my work?

Juan Carlos
Kylwell

Post by Kylwell »

Any time?

Just remember links only and you'll have to host off site.
Abolish Alliteration
Robitron

Wanna post photos

Post by Robitron »

How can I post links?

I am new on this
Scotaidh

Re: Wanna post photos

Post by Scotaidh »

Robitron wrote:How can I post links?

I am new on this
Welcome! Welcome to SSM! :)

As to photos of your work, that's a bit involved. Please bear with me as I try to explain. :)

A lot of guys here use the Picasa or Photobucket sites to actually hold their pictures. I use Photobucket - they have a free account available. When I want to post a pic from my Photobucket files, I open the file on another tab, copy the url, and then put it in here.

Have you noticed, when posting your remarks here, that there are "buttons" under the "Subject" window? The one you want is at the extreme right - the "URL" button.

If you run your mouse over the button, you'll see an instruction line appear just above the text box. If you move the mouse off the button to the right, the instruction line will stay on-screen. It tells you how to link a picture's url

So, for example, if I want to show you this picture from my Photobucket, I do this:

Type my line of words, and select one one to be my linked word - in this case I used the word "this". I put my cursor in front of the selected word, and typed in "[url=" Then I pasted in the picture's url and ended the bracket ] I then put the cursor at the end of the link word, and typed "[/url]"

Then I checked the Preview (button at the bottom of the page) to make sure I had the correct picture. If you don't, then you have to figure out where you went wrong ... If not, finish your message.

Looks complicated - it's not.

Once again, welcome! :)
"Is Russian artillery. Is mostly on target."
Dimitry
Robitron

Thanks

Post by Robitron »

Thank you veru much.

I will study how to do it and post the Starship I created to be part of my Sci-Fi MANGA