Question About Mounting a Model

Got a question about techniques, materials or other aspects of physically building a model? This is the place to ask.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

nac359

Question About Mounting a Model

Post by nac359 »

Hi all. I'm always impressed with the lighted models I see on here so I decided to take the plunge and light one up.

Thankfully the lighting wiring wasn't too difficult, but I'm curious how people mount them on a stand? I take it to use a metal tube, but how do you mount it to the stand? Glue? Screw it on? Something else?
Tommy8008

Post by Tommy8008 »

Can't speak for anyone else, but I got a metal tube that was slightly bigger than the hole and just tapped the tube in.
Kylwell

Post by Kylwell »

Generally speaking, a pressure fit works. You can get hollow threaded rod and bolt everything together but it's usually too much of a hassle to bother with.
Abolish Alliteration
Stu Pidasso

Post by Stu Pidasso »

Tommy8008 wrote:Can't speak for anyone else, but I got a metal tube that was slightly bigger than the hole and just tapped the tube in.
Giggity
So me, trying to be tolerant of everybody's situations, went to a feminist picnic. Things fell apart fairly quickly after nobody made any sandwiches.
nac359

Post by nac359 »

Many thanks! I think ill try the pressure fit idea.
Tommy8008

Post by Tommy8008 »

Stu Pidasso wrote:
Tommy8008 wrote:Can't speak for anyone else, but I got a metal tube that was slightly bigger than the hole and just tapped the tube in.
Giggity
:P