Looking to Purchase Mr. Surfacer

Got a question about techniques, materials or other aspects of physically building a model? This is the place to ask.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

Tchail

Looking to Purchase Mr. Surfacer

Post by Tchail »

I'm in the Seattle area.

Does anyone know of a LHS that stocks any of the Mr. Surfacer products?

Thanks!
“In the beginning the universe was created. This made a lot of people angry, and has generally been regarded as a bad move." Episode 5, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Andrew Gorman

Post by Andrew Gorman »

I just use "scratch filling primer" from the auto parts store. For the thinner variety, try "sandable primer". Nice thing is it comes in red, white and black.
lloydburnette

Post by lloydburnette »

I prime with Mr. Surfacer 1000 through my airbrush and I must say it works great.It is the best primer I have ever seen.
Kylwell

Post by Kylwell »

Given it's sporadic entry into the US I buy it when I can find it. Our LHS got some in and the stock lasted a week. I'd say check online if nobody nearby has any in stock.
Abolish Alliteration
supercharger

Post by supercharger »

Discount Hobbies in University place has it. 8216 27th st w. ph# is 253-460-6781. I was in there a month ago and they had it. Don't know if they will be open much longer. Owner pasted away in Jan. Store is tied up in the estate. there cash only at this time. The guy that works there is trying to take it over/buy it. I think he had a partial ownership. Awesome prices, cheapest paints, some really old kits and no R/C. Some sci-fi. A lot of cars, planes , armor , ships and diecast.
MOPAR OR NO CAR!!