RTV mistake, can it be saved?

Got a question about techniques, materials or other aspects of physically building a model? This is the place to ask.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

Lonnie Sweet

RTV mistake, can it be saved?

Post by Lonnie Sweet »

So I am moulding a fuselage, and due to an accident, I am out of RTV (oommoo300). about 3/4 of the rubber made it into the mould box, and I am out. If I pick up some more tomorrow, can I simply top up the box, over the cured stuff? Or do I have to start over completely. Its a fairly big part, and the cost of starting over would suck.

On an unrelated note ;) does anyone know how to get RTV out of a dogs fur?
"There is no charge for awesomeness"
Johnnycrash

Re: RTV mistake, can it be saved?

Post by Johnnycrash »

Lonnie Sweet wrote:If I pick up some more tomorrow, can I simply top up the box, over the cured stuff?
Yes.
No. But a pair of clippers sounds like the route to go. That poor RTV, being stuck to a dog. :(
John Fleming
I know that's not what the instructions say, but the kit's wrong anyway.
Lonnie Sweet

Post by Lonnie Sweet »

Thanks John.

And Lexus will be fine, she had her tail and her butt shaved. (border collie), and then the rest of her was shaved after we stopped laughing.
"There is no charge for awesomeness"
LobsterOverlord

Post by LobsterOverlord »

I don't know which is funnier, the thought of the shaved dog, or the fact that you called it "unrelated"
Salamander

Re: RTV mistake, can it be saved?

Post by Salamander »

Lonnie Sweet wrote:So I am moulding a fuselage, and due to an accident, I am out of RTV (oommoo300). about 3/4 of the rubber made it into the mould box, and I am out. If I pick up some more tomorrow, can I simply top up the box, over the cured stuff? Or do I have to start over completely. Its a fairly big part, and the cost of starting over would suck.

So the other 1/4 made it onto the rear of the dog?
Salamander