CA for Resin Models

Got a question about techniques, materials or other aspects of physically building a model? This is the place to ask.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

cpiseco

CA for Resin Models

Post by cpiseco »

Hi, all,

Can you recommend a CA for resin models? I've been out of modeling awhile, but I'm getting back in. I used to use MXBON B684 ...

http://www.marunekodo.com/shop/goods_im ... 21_101.jpg

But I can't find it anymore (at least not from any sites in English). Any help would be appreciated!
"May fortune favor the foolish."
Tankmodeler

Post by Tankmodeler »

Any CA glues will work just fine, In fact I use several types of CA for different purposes. If the surface is at all uneven (as in the cleaned up pour plugs) then the gel or super-gel formulas work well. Same for filling gaps. For adding small details the gel or thin versions are best. For adding PE to resin I prefer the thin or gel, version as well.

Like most things in modelling, it all depends.
The future is in your hands. Build it!
kenlilly106

Post by kenlilly106 »

I use Loctite/Duro in the small bottles that you can get at most stores, I've tried the Gorilla brand in the big bottle and it seemed to work well too and the bottle didn't clog as quickly as other brands.

I've never had a local source for Zap-A-Gap or any of the brands you find in hobby shops so I got used to using what I could find at discount or hardware stores.

Ken
Rogviler

Post by Rogviler »

What makes the Gorilla version of CA really nice for resin is the rubber particles for reinforcement. It gets my vote for sure.

-Rog
Kylwell

Post by Kylwell »

I use the Gorilla rubber toughened CA. Love the stuff. Sands nice, glues great, and cheap.
Abolish Alliteration
Lt. Z0mBe

Post by Lt. Z0mBe »

Kylwell wrote:I use the Gorilla rubber toughened CA. Love the stuff. Sands nice, glues great, and cheap.
Aaaargh... I had no idea it was rubber impregnated. I have been buying Loctite for all general use stuff and the expensive Wave stuff with the rubber in it for those times when I need quick filler and the Loctite won't do.

Thanks for the tip!!

Kenny

www.sigmalabsinc.com

Onward, proud eagle, to thee the cloud must yield.