Bessie The Road Paver

The place to discuss all aspects of building models from scratch.

Moderators: Joseph C. Brown, Moderators

Tejanovader

Bessie The Road Paver

Post by Tejanovader »

I am building the road paver "Bessie" from Pixar's CARS. I thought I had already posted a topic on this subject, but could not find it...

Here is the album link.

http://tejanovader.carsthetoys.yuku.com ... /aid/92517
TejanoVader, The Bessie Builder
DaveVan

Post by DaveVan »

I don't see any pics??????
Rogviler

Post by Rogviler »

Topics get auto deleted pretty quickly. The moral of the story is to not spend a lot of effort on your build posts so you don't get too annoyed to keep posting. :)

I certainly want to see how it turns out!

-Rog
Joseph C. Brown

Post by Joseph C. Brown »

It varies - as a rough average, two weeks with no new messages means the auto-prune will zap a topic.
________
Joe Brown
Tejanovader

Making the Furnace Effect

Post by Tejanovader »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxTNVLSp4W4url

Here is a video of the furnace test result.
DennisH

Post by DennisH »

I can't get the yuku thing to work for me. Do you have pics posted anywhere else? I remember when you had the first thread about Bessie and I wanted to show my daughter your project because she LOVES Cars.

Have you thought about writing an article on scratchbuilding Bessie for one of the hobby magazines?

Dennis
Winners don't use question marks!
Tejanovader

Post by Tejanovader »

Interesting about Yuku.

www.carsthetoys.com is the web site. Select "Ramone's House of Body Art" forum. The article on Bessie is near the top of the thread just after the sticky note topics.

Yes, I have thought about writing an article on Bessie for FINE SCALE MODELER and have at least posted over on their site.

The latest clip is at YOUTUBE. Type in "Bessie Fire Test" and it should come up first.

Good Luck.
Tejanovader

Post by Tejanovader »

I have been busy since posting about Bessie on this thread. For the full deal, go to:

http://carsthetoys.yuku.com/topic/3541/ ... NKJHOTFLKg

I have a video on the Integrated Circuits that make up the furnace effect and show some progress photos......

Thanks for looking!
Rogviler

Post by Rogviler »

Glad to see this progressing and it looks great. It's cool to see a video of the lights as well.

I can't believe it's been so long... :shock:

-Rog
DennisH

Post by DennisH »

A feat of engineering and a work of art all rolled into one. :8) I have to image someone at PIXAR has your thread bookmarked in their favorites folder.

I finally did get yuku to work for me, thank goodness. Your Bessie build was worth the effort! :wink:
Winners don't use question marks!
Tejanovader

Post by Tejanovader »

Thanks for the compliments. More progress pics have been posted.

http://carsthetoys.yuku.com/topic/3541/ ... Ni-LeTFLKg

If the direct link doesn't work, visit: www.carsthetoys.com, find "Ramone's House of Body Art", select "Building Bessie" and find the last few entries. Feedback is always appreciated.

Blessings and Merry Christmas!!!!!

Tj
Tejanovader

Post by Tejanovader »

I hope to have some more pics soon.
Tejanovader

Post by Tejanovader »

I hope to have some more pics soon.
sbaxter

Post by sbaxter »

Would really like to see more as things progress -- I'm trying to accurize some Lightning McQueen toys (and possibly others, depending on how successful I am with the ones I have).

I love Cars and don't really understand why some do not, although I know that nothing appeals to everyone, of course. And since no one has seen fit to release any model kits, it's toys or scratchbuilding, I suppose. I think there were some simple kits released in Japan, but what I saw didn't make me want to buy them.

Frankly, Mater seems a more challenging project than McQueen, but neither is nearly so ambitious as your attempt to recreate "the finest road-paving machine ever built."

Qapla'

SSB
“The entire concept of pessimism crumbles the moment one human being puts aside thoughts of self and reaches out to another to minister to her suffering. The experience of either person can neither be denied nor adequately explained by a negative philosophy.”
-- Michael J. Nelson, Mike Nelson's Mind over Matters
Tejanovader

Post by Tejanovader »

Thank you. I see you speak KLINGON! I am also building the 1/350 scale refit. WHOABOY!!

I have been letting Bessie simmer for a few weeks. Do you know about the www.carsthetoys.com web site?

If not, Go to RAMONE'S HOUSE OF BODY ART and look for the Bessie Building Thread. Please join the CARS web site and feel free to join the discussion. Right now, I seem to be the only one who is really passionate about Bessie..LOL!

Nice to meet you. Tj
sbaxter

Post by sbaxter »

Tejanovader wrote:Thank you. I see you speak KLINGON! I am also building the 1/350 scale refit. WHOABOY!!

I have been letting Bessie simmer for a few weeks. Do you know about the www.carsthetoys.com web site?

If not, Go to RAMONE'S HOUSE OF BODY ART and look for the Bessie Building Thread. Please join the CARS web site and feel free to join the discussion. Right now, I seem to be the only one who is really passionate about Bessie..LOL!
I've read through that site many times, but just now I finally joined up. You'll see me there as "Experiment 626." Haven't posted as of this writing, but I soon will. Will see if I can draw another larger-scale toy modifier out of the woodwork there …

Qapla'

SSB
“The entire concept of pessimism crumbles the moment one human being puts aside thoughts of self and reaches out to another to minister to her suffering. The experience of either person can neither be denied nor adequately explained by a negative philosophy.”
-- Michael J. Nelson, Mike Nelson's Mind over Matters
Tejanovader

FIRE FORM

Post by Tejanovader »

Using modeling cement, I let various pieces dry and attached them to the front of the LED effect for fire.

Here is the result:
http://s374.photobucket.com/user/tejano ... 4.mp4.html