Wood Displaybase souces?

The place to discuss all aspects of building models from scratch.

Moderators: Joseph C. Brown, Moderators

ashrond

Wood Displaybase souces?

Post by ashrond »

Hey, I hope I’m posting this in the correct spot, I’m looking for a source for plain unfinished beveled corner wood bases; much like Mr. BOP is sitting atop of here:
http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i69/a ... V31563.jpg
My local art supply store used to stock them however they have stopped carrying them and I can’t seem to locate another source in town, I need something about a foot long, 5-6" wide and maybe 1/4 to 3/4" thick.

Thanks for any help

-Ash
Boldly being “that guy” since 2001.
Stu Pidasso

Post by Stu Pidasso »

Ash, it would help to know where you lived so we can give you an informed answer. Without that, I can only recommend, Hobby Lobby, Michael's, Pat Catan's, or I've even seen them in some Wal-Marts and Teacher's supply stores. Also, do you need it oval or rectangular?

If you can't find them locally(and you're in the US) PM me, I can stop in one of my local shops for you.
So me, trying to be tolerant of everybody's situations, went to a feminist picnic. Things fell apart fairly quickly after nobody made any sandwiches.
ashrond

Post by ashrond »

Yeah, I’m looking for a rectangular base, sorry it was late I should have said that it didn’t really matter if it was a brick and mortar or online store, but I’m down in Fort Lauderdale for reference.
Lt. Z0mBe

Post by Lt. Z0mBe »

Wal-MArt craft section has them for less than $2.00.

I hope this helps.

Kenny

www.sigmalabsinc.com

Onward, proud eagle, to thee the cloud must yield.
ashrond

Post by ashrond »

HEY thanks! i picked one up thismorning, it will work for now.
im thinking i need to find a place to get a custom base cut, but as long as i have something to start planning on im good for now.
USSARCADIA

Post by USSARCADIA »

Visit a local cabinet shop. They can make you one or they may even have some left over raised panel doors you can use. As a contractor I always have leftover, pre-finished cab doors left and have a nice stash of them. The longer ones are great for a line of ships.
Did you eat your Chocolate Frosted Sugar Bombs this morning?
ashrond

Post by ashrond »

USSARCADIA wrote:Visit a local cabinet shop. They can make you one or they may even have some left over raised panel doors you can use. As a contractor I always have leftover, pre-finished cab doors left and have a nice stash of them. The longer ones are great for a line of ships.
THATS BRILLIANT!!!
TY!