Plastic cutter

The place to discuss all aspects of building models from scratch.

Moderators: Joseph C. Brown, Moderators

Mr.Sci-Fi

Plastic cutter

Post by Mr.Sci-Fi »

For the life of me I thought someone posted a link to a real nice small hobby cutter for plastics and such. It had a setup for cutting angles and such and was more than just an xacto saw with a jig.

Are there any small electric cutters or jigs for a dremel or saw for sutting strips of styrene or other small hobbt jobs?
JadedMonk

Post by JadedMonk »

http://www.starshipmodeler.net/talk/vie ... ight=tools

I was just gifted with the smaller powered miter saw for my birthday. I haven't had the chance to use it, but at the price it seems like a great deal.

JM
jowman

Post by jowman »

I used my chopper II for the first time today; what an awesome little tool.
ajmadison

Post by ajmadison »

jowman wrote:I used my chopper II for the first time today; what an awesome little tool.
Wait until you find out that you can set it up to make the same exact cut on strip stock. You might start looking for projects with lots of little fiddly parts on them.
eeun

Post by eeun »

The Chopper is also really handy with positioning jigs if you need to cut out several parts the same size/angle.

Used mine recently to cut out about two dozen approx. 2mm trapezoids to use as Gundam greeblies. Just flipped the plastic over with each cut to make the shape.
World's Tallest Jawa!
KWSTAS

Post by KWSTAS »

The Chopper II is one of my best tools for modelling.I hate X-acto blades and their usage and have a classic slidin' razor to do my job.But the chopper is the best trooper.Handy when it comes to cut out grebblies , to slice in half tank tracks etc etc etc.A must have.I forgot to mention that nobody sells it here in Greece so I recieved mine from the "Model train stuff" http://www.modeltrainstuff.com/NWSL_69_ ... 3-69-4.htm
Pengbuzz

Post by Pengbuzz »

I'll have to look into this: it could prove VERY useful for my SDF-1 Project!