Ideas or links for BFG/Full Thrust Starship Scratch Builds ?

The place to discuss all aspects of building models from scratch.

Moderators: Joseph C. Brown, Moderators

AdamSouza

Ideas or links for BFG/Full Thrust Starship Scratch Builds ?

Post by AdamSouza »

Anyone have any good ideas, or know a link to a good idea, for scratch building ships for BatteFleet Gothic or Full Thrust ?

I'm toying with the idea for a custom fleet for BFG, but I can't decide on what to use for models.

I've seen some fantastic scratch built spacefleets over the years and I figured it wouldn't hurt to network here and possbily find some more.
tonyG2
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning....

Post by tonyG2 »

There are some paper BFG models here

As for Full Thrust I would suggest downloading the pdf files of the Full Thrust rules and GZG catalogue, checking out the photos in the GZG catalogue and then, well, bashing together something similar from sheet styrene, bits of plastruct, parts from the parts box etc.
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage
to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill today because they got on my nerves.

And help me to remember when I'm having a bad day and it seems that people are trying to wind me up, it takes 42 muscles to frown, 28 to smile
and only 4 to extend my arm and smack someone in the mouth!
mastermodelreview

Post by mastermodelreview »

Another idea is to use characters manufactured for another game too.
AdamSouza

Post by AdamSouza »

tonyG2 wrote:There are some paper BFG models here
Nice site. I could use plasticard over the card models.
As for Full Thrust I would suggest downloading the pdf files of the Full Thrust rules and GZG catalogue, checking out the photos in the GZG catalogue and then, well, bashing together something similar from sheet styrene, bits of plastruct, parts from the parts box etc.
Now that you mention it, the Full Thrust rules have nice illustrations, some of them even top down views. The top down views could be used as templates.
Another idea is to use characters manufactured for another game too.
I already do that, but that's not really scratch building... :shock:

I dunno, I guess I was looking if anyone had techniques they use for things like turrets, ordonance, converting sporks to dropships, etc...
en'til Zog

Post by en'til Zog »

The nice thing about a spork (not a Spock) is the nice round beetle shape (carapace) with the small teeth in one end giving you a basic body with 'windows' or 'gun ports' in one end. Use two, for top and bottom, or use one spork and a similar spoon for a different look.

Of course you need to modify the spork handle, which can serve as a mounting point for thrusters either paired top and bottom, or lateral.

Sporks can also be used as turrets by simply gluing an 'axle' on the bottom of one spork bowl, and put 'gun barrels' sticking out the gaps between 'teeth'.

HTH
AdamSouza

Post by AdamSouza »

http://www.btinternet.com/~david.robins ... ofleet.jpg

I found the picture, and article on how to make them here

Moderator edited to remove image
Terms of Use/Forum Rules and onezero wrote: At this time, images in sig lines and inline images in posts are still not allowed. As a courtesy to people who are still connecting to these boards via dial up and other slowness, we ask that you do not put images in your posts. Instead, please just use a link to wherever the image resides on the web, so folks can go look if they want to.
tonyG2
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning....

Post by tonyG2 »

Thanks for that Full Thrust link. Thought I had all GZGverse resources bookmarked but thats a new one for me.
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage
to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill today because they got on my nerves.

And help me to remember when I'm having a bad day and it seems that people are trying to wind me up, it takes 42 muscles to frown, 28 to smile
and only 4 to extend my arm and smack someone in the mouth!