Good source for rocket exhaust bells?

The place to discuss all aspects of building models from scratch.

Moderators: Joseph C. Brown, Moderators

fritzthefox

Good source for rocket exhaust bells?

Post by fritzthefox »

Can anyone recommend some good, inexpensive sources for rocket exhaust bells? One inch diameter or smaller...
Lt. Z0mBe

Re: Good source for rocket exhaust bells?

Post by Lt. Z0mBe »

fritzthefox wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:21 pm Can anyone recommend some good, inexpensive sources for rocket exhaust bells? One inch diameter or smaller...
If you're wanting Apollo-ish type bells, perhaps some of the Kotobukiya sets would suit you. They have verniers, weapons, engine bells, grab handles, hatches, etc... They're cheap, too! You can get a dozen or more for less than $10 shipped.

Also if you're wanting something less detailed and uber-cheap, you could try ink pens. Many of them have little pieces where the ball point or frenel (is that what it's called?) joins the body or barrel of the pen. They are lightweight metal or plastic. I've used them before.

Finally, party favors that look like little champagne and other types of glasses work great. I used them, along with Lego cylindrical pieces, sheet styrene and round beads, for the missiles' nozzles on my Lend-Lease Earthforce Frazi:

I hope this helps a bit.

Kenny

www.sigmalabsinc.com

Onward, proud eagle, to thee the cloud must yield.
fritzthefox

Re: Good source for rocket exhaust bells?

Post by fritzthefox »

That helped a LOT...thank you!