Small plastic tubes from suckers or loipops

The place to discuss all aspects of building models from scratch.

Moderators: Joseph C. Brown, Moderators

david bailey

Small plastic tubes from suckers or loipops

Post by david bailey »

This Easter me and the wife bought the kids candy,one of the thinmgs we bought was suckers.They changed the sticks to small plastic tubes in stead of paper card board.There supposed to be safer less chance of choking.But be warned they switched to small plastic tubing for more kid safe.So if you need small plastic tubing buy some suckers.
david bailey
eeun

Post by eeun »

I made a similar discovery when in the hospital. The foam mouth swabs they provide for people who can't use a toothbrush are on plastic tubes as well. And it turns out they're friendly with styrene cement and fit some of the polycaps used in mecha models.
So there was me, in the midst of medical crisis, suddenly pausing "hey, I bet I could use those for model building!" :D
Bonus: the sponges are handy for weathering effects.

Pretty sure these are the exact chaps: link
World's Tallest Jawa!
bigh827

Post by bigh827 »

I have been keeping those plastic sucker sticks for years. Mexican and several other south of the boarder candy companies use them.
Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded yellow sun.

Amish Vampires in Space.

Well, Art is Art, isn't it? Still, on the other hand, water is water. And east is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does. Now you tell me what you know.
Groucho Marx
WE ARE THE BORG. YOU SPECIES WILL ADAPT TO SER... Squirrel!!