Firefly Mal's Pistol Knurled Screw Sources??

The place to discuss all aspects of building models from scratch.

Moderators: Joseph C. Brown, Moderators

DarKev

Firefly Mal's Pistol Knurled Screw Sources??

Post by DarKev »

Hello Folks

I'm looking for a source for the Knurled Screws that is on Mal's Pistol from Firefly and Serenity for a project I would like to start working on!!!!!! I have searched all over and the closest I have found is has a head diameter of approximately 3/8" but is not the 1/4" head height I am looking for but only 3/16.

Any help or source would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

Thanks

DarKev
Why would one buy a "NEW" Multi_Million Dollar Management Information System that can't do processes that the old system did correctly?? Answer - Someone in Upper Level Administration got a "GIFT" (Unknown Author)
Tankmodeler

Post by Tankmodeler »

McMaster Carr has a huge selection of knurled screws & pins. You may also have to face the fact that a movie prop house can easily turn down or create a simple knurled pin in their machine shop.

But these might do you:

http://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-knurl ... ws/=kn08nw

http://www.mcmaster.com/#knurled-head-c ... ws/=kn0a7u

Paul
The future is in your hands. Build it!
DarKev

Post by DarKev »

Hello Folks

Well after a whole lot of internet work I found a set of Knurled Nuts that are perfect (Shape, Size and Pattern) for my kit of Mal's Pistol. The one thing is that the source hand turned them for me. I found the guy on EBay (I will not post the link.) and he was really willing to create exactly what I needed after some emails and a picture or two. If anyone is interesting just PM me and I will forward the details.

DarKev
Why would one buy a "NEW" Multi_Million Dollar Management Information System that can't do processes that the old system did correctly?? Answer - Someone in Upper Level Administration got a "GIFT" (Unknown Author)