Traveling Model II

The Travelling Model Project is back! Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

TimeScape

Post by TimeScape »

I am good to wait. Few things before Christmas that will delay a start for me, HALCON this coming weekend, then two weeks later Pop Expo Ottawa. Then of course Dec is silly season at work...

If its all the same to Team Canuck, I can either start off or pick up sometime in March; I will be out of town ftom last week of Jan to end Feb.
Never try to teach a pig to sing.... it wastes your time and annoys the pig.
NX-17000

Post by NX-17000 »

Anything works for me.
Lonewolf
Location: In a cloud of alcohol-thinned airbrushed acrylic paint!

Post by Lonewolf »

After the holidays would probably be better. The international mailing system is gonna be clogged with all of the holiday packages and cards, making a delay in getting the project to someone even more likely.
Captain Pike: Don't make me laugh.
Commander Burnham: Fortunately for you, I was raised on Vulcan. We don't do funny.
Captain Pike: Ha! (ouch)
Commander Burnham: Maybe I should just shut up.

Math Problem: Sam has 100 model kits, Frank takes 10 model kits ... what does Sam have?
Answer: 100 model kits and a corpse.
Johnnycrash

Post by Johnnycrash »

Lonewolf wrote:The international mailing system is gonna be clogged with all of the holiday packages and cards, making a delay in getting the project to someone even more likely.
Actually, we have NO cross-border teams. Well, as far as I know. We had enough canucks to make our own team. :D Go Canada!!

I'm also good for, like, whatevar!!

But those that are the starters can go ahead now. It would seem to me, that getting it all started, would be the harder part of the project.
John Fleming
I know that's not what the instructions say, but the kit's wrong anyway.
TimeScape

Post by TimeScape »

Hey NX-17000, you going to HALCON this coming weekend. If so drop by the MSFM (Maritime Sci-Fi Modelers) tables in the vendors' room and say high.

Bill
TimeScape

Post by TimeScape »

Johnnycrash wrote:
Lonewolf wrote:The international mailing system is gonna be clogged with all of the holiday packages and cards, making a delay in getting the project to someone even more likely.
Actually, we have NO cross-border teams. Well, as far as I know. We had enough canucks to make our own team. :D Go Canada!!

I'm also good for, like, whatevar!!

But those that are the starters can go ahead now. It would seem to me, that getting it all started, would be the harder part of the project.
I'll probably start over Christmas as I have two weeks off and plan to spend alot of the time in the Hobby Room. I do have a couple of ideas but I need to go through the parts boxes first.
raser13
Location: second star to the left and straight on till mourning. other wise known as st. louis,mo

Post by raser13 »

Whoever starts off the central US build let me know what or base model is so I can start looking through th parts boxes o'doom for parts that I think will work for it.
i love it when a plan comes together
http://s1015.photobucket.com/albums/af278/raser13/
Gundamhead

Post by Gundamhead »

I'm cheap and easy. Whenever everybody is set let me know.
"Shiny. Let's be bad guys." -Jayne Cobb
raser13
Location: second star to the left and straight on till mourning. other wise known as st. louis,mo

Post by raser13 »

Can we get this stickied?
Blappy

Post by Blappy »

raser13 wrote:Can we get this stickied?
I have put in a request to the top man about getting us a sub forum for this little endeavour.
BUILDING THE FUTURE!

"In the universe, space travel may be the normal birth pangs of an otherwise dying race. A test. Some races pass, some fail."
- Robert A. Heinlein

Our only chance of long-term survival is not to remain lurking on planet Earth, but to spread out into space.
- Stephen Hawking, 2011

The Blaposphere
figurator

Post by figurator »

Sounds like a fun idea in part..but one thing I think would make this a true 'team made model' would be to change the rule about taking parts off..instead ,when you get the model ,you can only add to it..if your changing an Xwing to a carrier..just add parts that would make it so..some of the samples you mention.ripping legs off etc..really make it possible to eradicate any efforts previous modelers had done, essentially wasting their time. just a thought for future possibilities of this GB,which I would join,but not this go'round.
Scotaidh

Post by Scotaidh »

figurator wrote:Sounds like a fun idea in part..but one thing I think would make this a true 'team made model' would be to change the rule about taking parts off..instead ,when you get the model ,you can only add to it..if your changing an Xwing to a carrier..just add parts that would make it so..some of the samples you mention.ripping legs off etc..really make it possible to eradicate any efforts previous modelers had done, essentially wasting their time. just a thought for future possibilities of this GB,which I would join,but not this go'round.
Well,yes - it has happened. I used a rule of thumb for myself - if I removed something from the model, I included it in the box when I sent the model on to the next guy. But, I don't want to restrict anyone, and I want to keep it simple.

So, the only two rules by which I want folks to play, are

1 - Do not destroy the model.

2. Send the model on to the next guy - do not stall its progress. If you have a problem - something comes up, what-have-you - send it to the next guy and ask that it come back to you. We - the NE team - are sending our model around twice, anyway.
"Is Russian artillery. Is mostly on target."
Dimitry
ignatz

Post by ignatz »

Hey, I put the last touches and painted "da Hammer" last time out. It was a ton of fun! I would love to be part of it again.
M3

Post by M3 »

SUGGESTED TRAVELING MODEL RULES have been moved to their own thread.
Last edited by M3 on Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
onezero
Site Admin
Location: In my living room watching - but I am not laughing.

Post by onezero »

<*>
j
john lester
Starship Modeler

A hyphenated word and a non-hyphenated word walk into a bar and the bartender nearly chokes on the irony.
Blappy

Post by Blappy »

Moved....

Now each group can start their own topic.
BUILDING THE FUTURE!

"In the universe, space travel may be the normal birth pangs of an otherwise dying race. A test. Some races pass, some fail."
- Robert A. Heinlein

Our only chance of long-term survival is not to remain lurking on planet Earth, but to spread out into space.
- Stephen Hawking, 2011

The Blaposphere
raser13

Post by raser13 »

thank you blappy and onezero! we appreciate it.
Scotaidh

Post by Scotaidh »

Anyone remember how long each person had with the model before they were supposed to send it on to the next guy?
Dimitry
NX-17000

Post by NX-17000 »

TimeScape wrote:Hey NX-17000, you going to HALCON this coming weekend. If so drop by the MSFM (Maritime Sci-Fi Modelers) tables in the vendors' room and say high.

Bill
A bit late getting back to this, but unfortunately I couldnt make it. Had to work both days this weekend, and I've still got a small pile of other stuff to do as well. One of these days it'll happen.
Prince of Styrene II

Post by Prince of Styrene II »

I also vote for waiting till after the holiday. January will be here before we know it.
"Hold the weapons Daddy, I'm going to go get my monkeys." My daughter, The Duchess of Styrene
==========================
"No, you're not eating cereal for supper!"
"But, Mommy, it's Star Trek & it's only for a limited time!"
"I like what you did with your A-hull."
Loachnut

Post by Loachnut »

Is it too late to get into this?

I remember doing it last time, it was a lot of fun.
kalhen

Post by kalhen »

now that the holidays are over will we have an official start date for this???
NX-17000

Post by NX-17000 »

Well, the Canucks are already going, and I think that Nor'Easter has started as well. No word on the other group though
Scotaidh

Post by Scotaidh »

Yup - the Nor'Easter is a-buildin'! :-) I was thinking of names for our beastie - what do you all think of Lake Effect?
Dimitry
NX-17000

Post by NX-17000 »

I like the sound of it- can't wait to see what that translates to in a model
Prince of Styrene II

Post by Prince of Styrene II »

Sweet! Nice name, Scotaidh!!!
"Hold the weapons Daddy, I'm going to go get my monkeys." My daughter, The Duchess of Styrene
"No, you're not eating cereal for supper!"
"But, Mommy, it's Star Trek & it's only for a limited time!"
"I like what you did with your A-hull."
Lonewolf
Location: In a cloud of alcohol-thinned airbrushed acrylic paint!

Post by Lonewolf »

Scotaidh wrote:Yup - the Nor'Easter is a-buildin'! :-) I was thinking of names for our beastie - what do you all think of Lake Effect?
I'm up to my butt in Lake Effect here as it is! There was a 150-car/truck pileup on 1-94 about an hour west of my house the other day thanks to white-out conditions.
Captain Pike: Don't make me laugh.
Commander Burnham: Fortunately for you, I was raised on Vulcan. We don't do funny.
Captain Pike: Ha! (ouch)
Commander Burnham: Maybe I should just shut up.

Math Problem: Sam has 100 model kits, Frank takes 10 model kits ... what does Sam have?
Answer: 100 model kits and a corpse.
raser13

Post by raser13 »

Evidently those of us on team mid west need to pow wow. Kaehlen can't start off. He's had some life problem and has less than optimal modeling conditions. I myself have a lot of parts but not a lot of base kits to use as a jumping off point. If no one else can start this up in the next few days I'll see what I can come up with and start on something. Let me know guys. We'll also have to figure out who it would go to after me if I start it.
raser13

Post by raser13 »

Evidently those of us on team mid west need to pow wow. Kaehlen can't start off. He's had some life problem and has less than optimal modeling conditions. I myself have a lot of parts but not a lot of base kits to use as a jumping off point. If no one else can start this up in the next few days I'll see what I can come up with and start on something. Let me know guys. We'll also have to figure out who it would go to after me if I start it.
Scotaidh

Post by Scotaidh »

Thank-you to all of you for the effort you put into this thing. I hope it was fun enough to be worth it. Regardless, though - thanks. I know it was not easy.
Dimitry