Dino 101 Is A Go!

Everyone's favorite modeling geekfest, 2016 edition. June 4-5 in Louisville, KY.
http://www.wonderfest.com/

Moderators: Blappy, WedgeCharlotte, Moderators

veedubb67

Dino 101 Is A Go!

Post by veedubb67 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:48 pm

For all you closet dino builders out there.

Tag Team and Iwata-Medea are teaming up again to present the hands-On Workshop Program at Wonderfest 2016. We'll be offering DINO 101 with the Pegasus T rex! registration is now open. http://tagteamhobbies.com/hobbyshop/wonderfest2016.html

Rob
Iwata Padawan

veedubb67

Post by veedubb67 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:55 am

Getting ready for the Dino 101 class. We spent the weekend assembling the Pegasus T-Rex kits. Next step is to fill the gaps and prime!
http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa3 ... chnx8l.jpg

(No - that isn't me photo bombing the Dinos!)

Rob
Iwata Padawan

Lonewolf
Location: In a cloud of alcohol-thinned airbrushed acrylic paint!

Post by Lonewolf » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:39 pm

Nice!

I picked that kit up a few months ago, along with the Pegasus Triceratops and Spinosaurus kits.
Surrounded by unbuilt models. What the heck do I work on next??

Paulbo

Post by Paulbo » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:05 pm

I won't waste your time with my "I haven't touched my airbrush in 10 years" newbie questions and requirements of hands-on instruction, but I'll probably peek in occasionally to say hi, depending on how early I arrive on Friday.

With the new Iwata brush that arrived yesterday (thanks TAG Team!) I'll be hitting up Airbrush 101 at least once. (May even bring it along to fiddle with my own tool and have you guys show me how to use what you've sold me.)
Rather Fail with Honor, than Succeed by Fraud - Sophocles

Photoetched metal, decals, resin part, multimedia upgrades at ParaGrafix.biz. Breaking news on Facebook and Twitter.

rossjr

Post by rossjr » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:40 am

Paulbo wrote:I won't waste your time with my "I haven't touched my airbrush in 10 years" newbie questions and requirements of hands-on instruction, but I'll probably peek in occasionally to say hi, depending on how early I arrive on Friday.

With the new Iwata brush that arrived yesterday (thanks TAG Team!) I'll be hitting up Airbrush 101 at least once. (May even bring it along to fiddle with my own tool and have you guys show me how to use what you've sold me.)
Paul, this is the best class for getting yourself acquainted with your AB. A full day of quality time. I'm signed up for the second year and can't wait. I promise to sit on the other side of the room so you won't have to put up with me....

veedubb67

Post by veedubb67 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:02 am

Paul,
You're more than welcome to stop by (and anyone else who'd like see what's going on). The first hour of class will be Airbrush 101 just to make sure everyone is on the same page.
As you mentioned, we'll also be holding Airbrush 101 classes throughout the show and they're FREE! Signup will be at the TagTeam/Iwata booth.

Rob
Iwata Padawan

Paulbo

Post by Paulbo » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:46 pm

Hmmm. I'm already taking 6 days (2 driving there, 2 WF, 2 driving home). Do I really want to make it a solid week away?

Realistically call it 2 weeks as Monday and Tuesday will be lost making preparations, and I'll lose at least 1 day on the week I return. I shall have to think on this.

Photoetched metal, decals, resin part, multimedia upgrades at ParaGrafix.biz. Breaking news on Facebook and Twitter.

Paulbo

Post by Paulbo » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:33 pm

I'm calling the hotel tomorrow to inquire about adding Thursday night at the convention rate. If all goes well, I'll show up for Dino 101.

Shall I bring my compressor with me as well? I'm thinking yes so I can get the full soup-to-nuts experience with my own equipment.

rossjr

Post by rossjr » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:24 am

Paulbo wrote:I'm calling the hotel tomorrow to inquire about adding Thursday night at the convention rate. If all goes well, I'll show up for Dino 101.

Shall I bring my compressor with me as well? I'm thinking yes so I can get the full soup-to-nuts experience with my own equipment.
Tom's crew takes care of the air. If you sign up for the basic session - Kit and supplies, all you really need to bring is your AB and I suggest bringing your own hose just to be safe, but if it's an Iwata, they will have you covered.

veedubb67

Post by veedubb67 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:02 am

Paul,
As John stated, we'll provide all the equipment. If you want to bring your airbrush, that's fine. For others planning on bringing non-Iwata airbrushes, please bring an adaptor or your hose to attach to the CO2 system.

Rob
Iwata Padawan

Paulbo

Post by Paulbo » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:12 pm

I just signed up - I'll be bringing my new brush, compressor, and (at Tom's suggestion) an extension cord.

I also have changed my reservation so I'm arriving Thursday, so it looks like I'm finally going to get back in the painting groove! (And finally learn how to use these bloody things from professionals rather than the lame instructions that came with my Badger 200 about 35 years ago.)